They then de-partch 300g to calc yield.
- First they measure:
- Then they remove parchment.
- They then calculate the weight loss from parchment.
The result of the loss must be less than 20%, otherwise it fails the quality control.
- Then they screen sort. Either with a manual sorter or an automatic one. Seperated into screen 15+; Screen 13/14 and reflects which are sorted into group 1, (if only one bean of that group is in a coffee it will affect the cup), and group 2 ( 10 beans will affect the cup.
- Then they manually remove damaged coffee from broca etc. They then weight each component after separating And calc percentage reject if above maximum broca 1.5%, AA as AAA 1% etc The do moisture test, it must be must be 11%.
- Then they test water activity should be about 0.6 which tests the internal humidity.
- Then they roast and cup in the afternoon. Then score and reject or accept. And the form is saved and feedback is given to the farmer / producer. The one above had no cupping score since it was rejected before roasting.